How SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin protects your contents after a water loss
SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin specializes in restoring contents damaged by storms and other water damage events. Our expertise and our “restore” versus “replace” mentality can help you save money while preserving precious keepsakes that can’t be replaced. We pretest your contents to determine what items can be restored back to their condition before the water damage. We utilize several methods of cleaning your contents, including:
- Dry Cleaning - Used for cleaning light residues or to pre-clean prior to cleaning.
- Wet Cleaning - An effective cleaning method for removing moderate to heavy residues.
- Spray and Wipe -Effective for items that can’t withstand cleaning.
- Foam Cleaning - Used for upholstery fabrics that might shrink or bleed if cleaned.
- Abrasive Cleaning - Involves agitation of the surface being cleaned.
- Immersion Cleaning - Contents are dipped into a bath of the cleaning product.
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin can conduct an organized, efficient move-out of the affected area. A move-out will provide several benefits, including:
- A quicker remodeling process
- Protecting items from potential damage
- Protecting contents from further on-site damage
When restoration is completed, we will work with you to coordinate the move-in according to your needs. The services offered upon move-in may depend on your insurance coverage.
Water-damaged electronics can present a serious hazard. Do not attempt to turn on or operate any electrical device that you suspect has been damaged by water. We will coordinate the restoration of your electronics, including:
- Television sets
- DVD players
- And more
The key to restoring electronics is taking prompt action to prevent further damage. We start by cleaning the exterior of electronic devices to help stop further corrosion and damage. Electronics will be cleaned and inspected by a qualified electronics technician.
Document / Photograph Drying
When your valuable documents, including photographs, are damaged by water, extreme caution should be taken to help ensure the water damage does not destroy the document. Although some documents may not be restored to pre-water damage condition, SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin can save a great deal and help minimize additional damage.
Depending on the type of documents and the level of water damage, we have five options for the restoration of documents:
- Air Drying
- Freezer Drying
- Vacuum Freeze Drying
- Vacuum Thermal Drying
Contents Claim Inventory Service
When a storm event happens, the damage can often feel overwhelming. We can help ease the worry and confusion during the recovery process by offering our Contents Claim Inventory Service (CCIS), which provides a detailed and accurate list of your belongings. We take a room-by-room inventory of your contents, including digital photos, and in some instances, bar coding.
Our Contents Claim Inventory Service:
- Preloss list and value of contents
- Detailed and accurate report
- Better information to settle claims quicker
- Assistance with burden of proof for claims
- Peace of mind when you need it most
What to expect from SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin when you have a commercial water loss.
The pipe burst under the sink in the bathroom of your office building left a mess. The floors and walls are wet, and it appears that you may have to disrupt daily operations for awhile so that professionals can restore the office. It is wise to call us right away because excess water can cause damages to the structure of the building as well as to floor tiles and walls. Plus, if you allow water to stand inside the building for more than 48 hours, mold may start to grow, which can cause health effects.
Our commercial water damage SERVPRO technicians of Auburn/Rocklin are highly trained and understand the importance of mitigating moisture quickly. The team can use extractors, vacuums or pumps to remove water from the structure. After the migration phase, the team dries the area. Our crew may employ air movers or axial fans to dry the office. The team may also utilize dehumidifiers to reduce humidity and increase evaporation. We also may use dehumidifiers to pull in moisture and return dry, warm air inside the office environment. This step helps increase the drying phase.
We work fast to dry the area to prevent microbial growth and to reduce the chances of other secondary issues such as wood rot from occurring. The crew can also pack out materials and contents inside the office. We itemize, categorize and store each item in a dry and safe area on or off-site until the restoration process is complete. We know that it is essential to keep your office functioning on a daily basis, which is why you can expect our techs to work quickly and to strive to get the job done right.
SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin provides commercial water damage restoration services that can restore your office when possible. Call us at (916) 632-2250 any time of the day or night to schedule an appointment. We are here to help and can return your office to its preloss condition.
What to expect from SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin when you have a water loss.
When problems with plumbing cause excessive pooling it requires removal equipment that most homeowners just do not own. Whether it's a slow leak or a full-scale burst pipe, the after-effects of crawlspaces, sub floors and carpet pads that become saturated by water can cause lasting harm to a property's structure.
When it comes to removing water, we use pumps at first, before moving in with more precise wet/dry vacuums and extraction wands. SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin technicians must pass a stringent training program before working in our franchises. Their training allows them to use advanced techniques to make sure moisture can be removed from even difficult to reach areas.
Floorboards can be notoriously difficult to dry, which is why we use flat lay drying techniques. A process by which a sheet is laid on the affected surface and air-circulation is applied. As the sheet inflates, water is drawn out and into the air. We have found this technique to be extremely useful in the removal of moisture from in between floorboards or gaps in your property's structure.
Carpets may be pulled up, pads replaced, and sub floors inspected to ensure every ounce of moisture has been removed. Once satisfied, we can place rapid air-movers into the affected area. These circulate hot air, evaporating moisture. It is part of a two-step process that guards against the risk of mold or mildew buildup after a leak. The second step is to place humidifiers into the affected area and remove the evaporated moisture from the air.
At the conclusion of service, our technician can remove all equipment as well as any materials that need discarding. We can then walk you through the affected area to show you where work has been carried out, where items have been restored and which need replacing. At SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin we know replacing items can get expensive, so we work toward restoration rather than a replacement to keep costs as low as possible for our customers.
If you need urgent water removal, do not hesitate to call SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin today! (916) 632-2250
Commercial Duct Cleaning
SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin offers commercial duct cleaning and dryer vent cleaning.
We at SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin have built a team of qualified individuals that focus on quality and customer relationships. We pride ourselves in our ever growing team and the community we are building here.
Like a residential home, routine maintenance cleaning of your duct system and dryer vents will improve the air quality and will lower the risk of fire caused by lint build up. Duct cleaning will also assist in the efficiency of your system and potentially prolong the life of the system itself.
If you're in need of duct cleaning for your commercial business, call SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin today to schedule your commercial duct or dryer vent cleaning.
Every Home Should Have an Air Purifier
At SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin, we care about our communities health and safety. Are you one of the millions who suffer from asthma or allergies everyday? Do you own an air purifier? Do you think about the air quality of your home?
Maybe its time to invest in a air purifier for yourself. You can buy one these days under $80, the cost of a monthly cell phone service bill, to keep forever...
Most people who buy air purifiers do so in hopes of easing asthma, allergies or even dust in there homes... The very best portable air purifiers are very effective at cleaning the air, mold spores, smoke,dust, and pollen at their highest and lowest speed.
Mold spores range from 1-30 microns, and air purifiers remove mold as small as .003 microns. UV light is helpful but is not required for removing spores... Mold spores die inside the HEPA filter due to the fact that it's a dry sterile environment. A quality HEPA air purifier remove's airborne mold spores and keeps the air quality of your home at par.
If your kids or loved one's constantly suffers from asthma and allergies, try and test out a good quality air purifier to see if you notice a difference prior to buying one.
Don't let this picture be your kitchen! Please always take care of any food left in the oven or on the stove top. Never stay too far from your work area and take care in preventing flammable objects from being near the hot surfaces. Remember not to place trivets or candles on top of a hot stove. This can be cause of a fire loss. Teach your children how to be around appliances especially ones that can potentially cause fires. Have a preparedness plan for if they walk into a protein fire in the kitchen. Water is not the key in these situations! Make sure you have an up to date kitchen fire extinguisher and that everyone in your house knows how to you it. In any case, call SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin to help clean up the smoke damage and odors if your home does suffer from any size fire loss.
Water Damage Prevention
Here at SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin we are Water Damage specialists, and we compiled a small list on how to prevent water damage from happening often in your home:
- Clean Gutters and Downspouts - Clean your gutters at least twice a year to avoid blockage. Standing water can cause damage to your gutters and roof. Don’t forget to clean downspouts to ensure water can flow through, and secure downspouts so that they point away from the home.
- Know your Water Main - Know the location of your water main and shut it off if you leave for an extended amount of time.
- Check Appliances Regularly - Check and maintain your appliances regularly for leaks according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Investigate Leaks Right Away and Fix Promptly - If you choose to ignore any water damage, or postpone making the necessary repairs, be prepared to experience mold, mildew, dry rot, or even structural damage to your home.
- Upgrade Washing Machine Hoses - Old, brittle or leaky washing machine hoses are among the most frequent causes of water loss for homeowners. Replace yours often throughout the year to avoid an expensive damage.
- Check Your Water Pressure - If the water pressure to your home is too high, then your pipes and hoses may fail under the high pressure. Buy a water pressure gauge at a local hardware store, attach it to an outside faucet, and turn the faucet to full force. The gauge will give you a reading of the home’s water pressure. Typical homes water systems are designed for pressure of 40 – 70 psi. Anything above 70 psi will put your plumbing at risk.
- Monitor Your Water Bill - Sometimes, the only way you know that water is leaking is taking a closer look at your water bill. If your usage jumps significantly from one month to the next, then there is probably a leak somewhere in the home.
Facts About Soot and Smoke - How SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin can help
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin today - (916) 632-2250 or (530) 885-2255
How can SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin help with Biohazard concerns?
SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin does more than just fire and water restoration. Our professionals can also help you with Biohazard, Vandalism and Crime Scene Cleanup.
Bloodborn pathogens can be scary. Bodily fluids, tissues and other potentially risky substances can be removed and disposed of properly by our technicians who are trained in proper biohazard removal.
Crime scene residue can be overwhelming. Once law enforcement is finished with the area, let our professional technicians come in and deal with the fingerprint powder, evidence-gathering chemicals and residues from tear gas or pepper spray.
Arson and vandalism can leave a home or business owner feeling vulnerable, violated and unsafe. Let SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin take care of the aftermath. Our team can remove spray paint, clean up broken glass and clean up after a fire.
Sewage backups are the worst! Black water carries with it a terrible odor as well as potentially harmful microorganisms into your home or business. SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin can remove the black water, contaminants and dry the area. They will disinfect and clean the property and leave it "Like it never even happend."
Fall Allergy Guide
Here at SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin, we are professionals when it comes to restoration and remediation. What we really care about is helping people. So, we have come up with a quick guide on how to get through this allergy season:
- Check the pollen count when you wake up.
- Try not to walk through leafs, they attract moisture that lets mold flourish.
- Make sure to drive to work with your windows up and the AC on.
- Wash your hands to clean out any remaining pollen from your hands.
- Keep your work station uncluttered and clean of any dust.
- Shower and change clothes as soon as you get home.
- Don't let the temperature get above 72 degrees overnight; mold grows in warmth.
- Wash your sheets to remove any lingering pollen.
- Keep your windows closed overnight.