Make sure smoke alarms are in good working order
It is important to remember that smoke alarms save lives. If they are maintained and in good working order, they can play an integral role in saving the lives of your family members. Smoke alarms afford you the opportunity to leave your home quickly.
Understanding simple facts about fires can help save lives:
- Have a fire evacuation plan for your family
- Keep doors closed. This can prevent smoke and fire from spreading quickly.
- Test your smoke alarms monthly. If they are older, replace them especially if they are 10 years or older. There have been so many advances that can help save lives.
- The alarms should be interconnected. If one alarm sounds, they all sound – alerting your family to potential dangers.
- When an alarm sounds, move quickly and safely outside your home. Treat every alarm as a serious matter.
- In the event of a fire emergency call 911, immediately and stay outside.
Should there be an unfortunate disaster, call SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin at 916.632.2250.