COMMON CAUSES OF HOUSE FIRES
Fire damage may result in ways you least expect. Take precautionary measures now to protect your home from the following fire instigators.
- Cooking equipment: Cooking equipment is the number one cause of house fires. Pots and pans can quickly overheat when left unattended or mishandled. Be sure to always turn your handles towards the middle of the stove to avoid children from accidentally grabbing it. When leaving the house, always remember to turn off stove and oven.
- Smoking in Bedrooms: Avoid smoking in bedrooms. A cigarette butt can stay lit for hours and cause a flame after coming into contact with clothes or furniture. Open flames such as candles can also pose a danger for many residents.
- Old electrical equipment: Older lampshades and light fittings may build up heat, and weak bases could pose a tipping hazard. Electrical equipment such as these should be checked for faulty cords, and the power point must not be overloaded with double adapter plugs.
- Flammable liquids: Liquids such as petrol, kerosene, or methylated spirits should be kept away from heat sources and stored properly according to their label.
When accidents happen, SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin is here to help and restore your home quickly and professionally. Give us a call at 916.632.2250.