Fire Prevention Tips
House fires are extremely dangerous and can cause expensive damages. The following are fire prevention tips.
- Install and regularly test and maintain smoke alarms. Monthly tests should be performed and replace the smoke detector every 10 years.
- Clean the dryer. Dryer lint is the perfect combustible material when combined with the heat from the dryer. The lint tray should be cleared after each load to avoid a build-up of lint.
- Watch open flames. Candles, cooking and fireplaces are just some of the reasons most people are exposed to open flames. Never leave them unattended.
- Maintain wiring. Household wires and cables can become a fire hazard if they are used when frayed or otherwise compromised. Check them often and replace once they become worn.
- Store household chemical in proper locations. Keep these products protected from sunlight or heat to avoid combustion.
Contact SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin if your home or business has suffered fire damage. We have certified fire and smoke restoration technicians on staff to help. Call us at (916) 632-2250