Home and commercial fires can happen quickly and always expectantly. Here are some common causes of home fires and ways to reduce the risk:
- Electrical Equipment - Faulty or frayed cords can be the culprit to an electrical fire. Even seemingly harmless appliances like a toaster oven or blender can be dangerous if the cord is damaged. Make sure all cords plugged in are in good condition.
- Candles - Approximately 37 percent of fires caused from candles start in a bedroom, because it is easy to forget about a candle or fall asleep with one lit. Make sure to blow out a candle when leaving the room and be sure to keep tissue boxes, books, and curtains away.
- Heating Mechanisms - winter months can sometimes require extra heating devices. Portable heaters are useful but are dangerous. Furniture, clothes, curtains, and other flammable objects can all catch fire if near a portable heater. Be sure to keep those items away from the device and monitor regularly.
There is always a risk of fire hazards so it’s important to know the potential sources and take precautions. If you suffer from fire damage, call SERVPRO of Auburn/Rocklin so we can get you bank in your home. (916) 632-2250